Solar Flare Update


Sunspot AR1515 is over 100,000 Km long.That’s 8 times the diameter of Earth from end to end. This sunspot is now facing Earth, this morning it threw a M5 eruption towards Earth This CME ( Coronal Mass Ejection) had the energy of a billion atomic bombs. This sunspot is only just getting started. In case you had ever pondered solar wind, it’s measured in Km/second. Last night it was over 700 Km/sec, it’s settled down a little today, currently only 482 Km/sec. There is now an 80% chance of more M class, and 20% chance of X flare. ¬†One thing for certain – auroras will be visible at lower latitudes.

Click on the link below for a real time graph of current space weather alerts and warnings.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

.