1980, a hundred miles or so from Atlanta, Georgia a monolithic stone structure appeared. Built from over 100 tons of granite the structure is called the Georgia Guidestones. Also known as America’s Stonehenge, the structure does share similarities with its ancient namesake. The massive stones are aligned with sun and stars in such a way that their position offers all that is needed to reproduce the calendar, clock, and compass.
The stones are inscribed with ten “rules” written in the eight most common languages.
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.
A man calling himself ” R.C. Christian” is said to have financed the project, his true identity remains a mystery.