I’m certain now; there is no better medicine than waking from your sick-bed to find you have been nominated for a Liebster Award. Many thanks to Mrs P her thoughtful and interesting perspectives at Destination Unknown are words all of us should not only read, but apply to our own lives. I value the comments and insights Mrs. P posts on my blog, and truly feel honored.
This award stuff is new to me. The purpose is to pass along blogs with less than 200 followers so others can discover worthy wordpressers that deserve a read. As Mrs. P explained to me, a bloggers chain letter. It comes with some rules. First – the nominee must list 11 random facts about themselves, then answer the 11 questions posed by their award fairy. When that’s done – nominate 11 bloggers you follow who have less than 200 followers, and come up with 11 new questions for them to answer. Finally – contact them with the pat on the back.
So here goes, eleven random facts about notestoponder –
1. I’ve been happily married for almost 32 years, with 3 children.
2. Symmetry makes me crazy and I group in three’s and fives.
3. My kids call me “the MOST” ( Master Of Small Talk )
4. My favorite scent is sagebrush after it rains.
5. Love South Park, but try as I might The Simpsons does nothing for me.
6.The jury is out on ancient aliens, but firmly believe in Atlantis and civilizations lost.
7. I’ve found a tampon for Beyonce, told Robert Plant to find some manners, talked for half an hour with Joe Cocker clad only in his boxer shorts, helped Elton John get dressed, drank till the wee hours of the morning with Tina Turner, hidden a groom from his bride on their wedding night after a date with a hooker gone terribly wrong – just a few of the numerous reasons I love working in the hospitality business.
8. One of my earliest WTF moments was getting “the strap” in elementary school for pushing a boy over the edge of a gully after he put Ex-Lax in my sandwich.
9. Dogs over cats, though I wish my boxer would stop eating squirrels.
10. I’m fearless until you put a snake in front of me – I did however allow my husband to catch a garter snake my kids wanted as a pet. Mrs. Slithers promptly had 11 babies.
11. I don’t like chocolate.
This is fun. It may be my weakened state getting over the flu, but I feel like I’m doing homework again. Onward to my 11 questions. I cut and pasted them; and swear Mrs. P only asked 10 so I’ll make up number 11.
- If you could see any historic landmark or artefact, what would it be? Not a fair question for an ancient history addict; when pushed – would have to say Puma Punku.
- Do you speak more than one language? I wish and try, but like math, languages elude me.
- What is the strangest food you ever ate? Bear liver and it was nasty.
- If you were standing at the front door of the place you live in, looking outside, what direction would you be facing? (North, South, East or West) South
- Have you ever played in a band or musical group? No, but I sing and dance every day.
- What is the longest distance you have ever gone to satisfy a craving for a treat? 40 miles for a Big Mac in the days before my hometown had a McDonalds.
- What creature from the animal kingdom gives you the creepy crawlies?SNAKES!
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you accomplish that? Strange as this may sound – I honestly never gave it any thought. I wanted my life to find me; and it did.
- Where were you working when you got your first paycheck? Picking cherries on our orchard in Penticton.
- Is there something that you enjoy doing that would surprise the people who know you best? Oh man, not fair! Answering that one is like letting the cat out of the bag.
- (This is my question) Why did you start blogging? It was a Mother’s Day present from my daughter. She set up my wordpress site because she thought I needed an outlet. She was so right.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE ……..My nominees –
I confess that it is possible a couple of my nominees have more than 200 follows. Being somewhat lacking in computer skills if follows aren’t ablaze on home or about pages, I’m at a loss to find them. I like these blogs, and would have considered it cheating to hastily follow blogs on the spot just because they had under 200 follows.
Now for the questions –
1. If you could have lived in any other time, where and when would it be?
2. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
3. Do you watch the Oscar’s?
4. What was your first WTF moment?
5. Do you think Christopher Columbus discovered America?
6.Have you ever regretted your vote in an election?
7. Should voting be mandatory?
8. Are Reddit rules a little too harsh?
9. Have you ever flown a kite?
10. Would you drop everything and jump at a chance to travel into space?
11. Have you ever seen an aurora?
Whew! Almost done – all that’s left is to notify my nominees. Taking my cue from that cheeky Mrs. P, I’m going to sneak a couple of blogs over 200 followers in under the radar.